Saturday, February 9, 2013

You Infected me with STD- Wife Accuses Husband!

“His pastor and the wife knew about the infection that my husband had but they kept it away from me. They were treating it secretly for those three months.”

With this revelation, Mrs. Olusola Gbediga asked the Agege Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve her six-year marriage with hubby, Matthew Gbediga.

Mrs. Gbediga said her husband beat her regularly and that he no longer loves her. She accused him of infecting her with a sexually-transmitted disease through his adulterous lifestyle.

She told the court that they had been battling other irreconcilable issues. “Every day, he beats me silly and he says he is a Christian,” she said.

She told the court that although they had been together for about six years with one child, but no formal marriage rites were done. She said she was not thinking of returning to her husband because that would make things worse for them.

She expressed disappointment that for three months after he contracted an STD, her husband did not deem it fit to tell her about it. Alleging that her husband kept it from her and was always urging her to get pregnant.

However, Mr. Gbediga said that all the allegations leveled against him were false.

He said that it was his wife that infected him with an STD because she once underwent treatment for the disease, which she claimed was a toilet disease.

“My mechanic usually tells me that my wife sleeps around, but I never believed it until I went to the hospital to treat malaria and after several tests I was diagnosed with an STD. When I asked my wife about it, she denied it. As a Christian, I can’t do such a thing because I go about preaching the gospel,” he explained.

He cited an instance when his wife told him that she was going to attend a child christening in Lagos but he later found out that she went to Ogun State. She then claimed that the venue of the ceremony was changed.

When the court president, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, asked her why she didn’t inform her husband about the changed venue, she claimed he didn’t pick his calls.

He ordered the couple to present their marriage certificate on the next sitting - February 25, 2013.


Courtesy of: Olufamous

No comments:

Post a Comment