Making money online as a writer or as a blogger is no doubt the world’s craze of today; everyone wants to make money online as a blogger or writer, and not just to make money but to earn huge money online. With more and more companies downsizing day by day due to stumbling American and European economies, everyone now wants to be self-employed or should I say that everyone now wants to earn income working from the comforts of their homes, because people must live whether wall street and eurozone crumbles today or not. Contrary to this desire, not everybody that writes or blog online will make money online or at least earn a living online, why? Read on…
Sometimes if you sit back and wonder, this whole thing of making money online sound so funny, and to an extent, unrealistic, owing to the fact that you may sometimes be wondering how all these money people are clamoring for online do come about, have you ever wondered about this? Yes, I have, on several many occasions, even though I know that it comes from people advertizing their products and services online through Google Adwords and directly ad placements, etc.
Remember, I am not here to teach you how to earn money online as a freelance writer or as a blogger, instead I am here to tell you why you won’t earn a dime writing online or blogging? But all the same, don’t be scared, this very lesson might end up opening your eyes on how to make it fast as a blogger or an online writer, though I am not promising that, just read on…
I started writing online in 2006 at AYJW as a non-profit contributor writer, where I also won award of the best writer for two consecutive months, but then, I wasn’t writing to earn money online, I was only writing to share my opinion with the rest of the world, and that I think was the key to my tremendous success back then. I received lots of invitation from so many renowned and unknown publishers and magazine then, inviting me to submit articles and stories on their journals, but I paid no attention to such invitations until the email I used in registering on that site got closed, and I lost contacts of those numerous publishers and magazines, anyway, that is now a past, let’s move on.
In 2010, I started my own blog at blogger, and also published some articles at howtodothings, but unfortunately, I abandoned them and they ended up unsuccessful, so I luckily landed on hubpages in 2009 while surfing the web, and my success story began. At first, I didn’t joined hubpages to make money, but to also share my writing passion with global readers on the internet, until I began to read other hubbers’ hubs, and I discovered that I could actually make some money from what I had been doing ignorantly for fun, so I started digging for help, hence, I ended up posting different threads on hubpages forum, and thanks to the community of hubbers, I got answers that helped shaped me to who I am today as far as writing online for money is concerned, thanks to you all once again.
It wouldn’t surprise you to know that my most profitable hubs were the ones I wrote during my newbie days, especially the one I titled How to know if a guy truly loves you, it hit Google search engine first page in less than one month and remained there for years now, you can find time to Google it and go through it to learn some simple tricks as a beginner or as an expert. Now, why won’t most online writers and bloggers make money online? To find out why, carefully go through the reasons I outlined below.
The Reasons Why Majority of Bloggers Won’t Earn Money Online
1. The number one reason most bloggers and people writing online won’t earn money online is ignorance. Many will end up being ignorant of the fact that they can earn money online with their write-ups and blogs, like I was some years back.
2. The second reason is that most bloggers will be so focused on making money, and in the process lose out. How? They will end up doing what millions of blog owners are doing to the detriment of their blog reputation. Posting and re-posting what so many blogs have posted will not make you unique, and that will never sustain your blog for long and retain your readers, instead, your readers will get bored with time when they discover that the only thing you do is log into your account and start reposting news and gossips already published on thousands of blogs without your own unique inputs and posts.
3. Majority will also end up writing on topics that interests only them and not the global community, hence, they will end up not having a single visitor or reader. How then will the money come if no one is reading your articles or visiting your blog? To overcome this, write about things that you know very well that people all over the world are desperate to know. Love, money, business, diets, games, fashion, pets, etc are topics that every human wants to learn something new, give them a shot.
4. Most writers that want to earn money writing online will end up not earning a dime out of excessive ambition; I want to make $1000 in one month! This kind of ambition has made many freelance writers and blog owners to quit their online career; a close friend of mine was a victim. After seeing my Google Adsense reports, he was greatly motivated to start earning too. He told me that he was going to earn more than I do, that he’d researched a lot about how to earn money fast with Google Adsense, and that he was going to hit $1000 in less than two months, I tried cautioning him, but he paid a deaf ear. Two months on, my good friend was yet to receive Adsense approval as a publisher. I walked him through on that, and finally, he got approved to start displaying Google ads on his web pages and blog. Five months on, my good friend is yet to get a single click, and another three months elapsed, he finally got his first ten clicks or so, and they amounted to $0.09, I advised him to hang on, and he sluggishly did. Finally, one whole year of his participating as a freelance writer and a blogger, he earned just $0.93, WHAT! That’s just one of the uncountable failure stories on making huge money online as a writer or as a blogger, don’t be discouraged though.
5. Another reason most expert writers and blog owners won’t earn money online is lack of web traffic. Remember that you earn money online as a writer or as a blog owner only when people visit your web page or blog to read your write-ups and posts, and in the process, patronizes some of the ads displayed on your blog which they found interesting. So what if you have written a fine article with loads of information that would benefit the public, and yet, no single person or say lesser number of people ends up viewing, how then would you earn money? This is why you don’t only need a well-written article or blog post to earn huge income online, but you also need good traffic to make this dream come to reality, so how do you get this much talked about traffic to your site? Number one rule as at today, don’t rely only on Google search engine and other search engines to bring traffic to your site or blog. Gone are the days of waiting for search engines to pick or index your site or blog for huge traffic drive, now it is safer, faster, easier for you to promote your site yourself while waiting for search engines to do theirs. Are you wondering how to achieve this? Then you must read these two articles I wrote a long time ago, which I titled: How to drive huge traffic to a blog without relying on Google SEO, and Increase Your Blog Traffic With Facebook And Reddit.
6. Another reason most online writers or blog owner won’t succeed in earning good revenue online is the platform they are using to write or blog. No doubt, the easiest way of making it online as a freelance writer, is to join revenue sharing sites or write-to-earn sites. In order words, for a writer to earn good income from his or her write-ups online, he or she must make a wise choice of the platform he uses. One of the things a writer needs to check before joining a particular revenue sharing site are: their sharing percentage, their traffic pulling capability or rate (you can find out about this on their forums, site traffic watch, site trend watch, other revenue sharing sites’ forum community, making a Google search on a particular topic, etc), their total number of registered writers (if it’s a bad platform, they will surely have lesser number of participating writers), and finally, check out their site layout (this matters a lot in both Google and Amazon ads placements).
7. Finally, the reason most freelance writers won’t earn a dime online is inconsistency in publishing and updating of their write-ups and blogs. Remember the formula for earning huge money online as a writer: Huge earnings = Quality write-ups + Traffic + Profitable keywords + Quantity. So don’t miss any of the variables in the above formula if you truly want to earn huge money online as a writer, good luck!